I was born and raised along the Ikebukuro Line.
So Ikebukuro is my hometown.
We have opened a website introducing Ikebukuro.
Please visit if you like.
▼This is my websaite too.
- 1.Why Ikebukuro is called “Happy Owl Town”
- 2.Ikebukuro Culture
- 3.Flowers in,near Ikebukuro
- 4.Ramen shops in Ikebukuro
- 4-1.Ikebukuro Chicken（Chicken based soup）Raman
- 4-2.Ikebukuro Gyokai (seafood) soup Raman
- 4-3.Ikebukuro Miso Raman
- 4-4.Shio (Salt) Ramen in Ikebukuro
- 4-5.Ikebukuro SoySource（shoyu）
- 4-6.Ikebukuro Spicy Raman
- 4-7.Ikebukuro Tantanmen
- 4-8.Ikebukuro Tonkotu Ramen
- 4-9.Ikebukuro Tsukemen
- 4-10.Ikebukuro Ramen Others
- 5.Food in Ikebukuro
1.Why Ikebukuro is called “Happy Owl Town”
Ikebukuro has many owls.
Because “Ike+bukuro” means “Go” + “Happiness”.
And “bukuro” looks like “fukurou”.
“fukurou” means “owls” in Japanses.
So People in Ikebukuro display the owl in storefront and so on.
You can see happy owls here and there in Ikebukuro.
2-1.Manga,Animation around Ikebukuro
2-2.Shrines and Temples near Ikebukuro
The Great Buddha actually protects Ikebukuro.
3.Flowers in,near Ikebukuro
In Ikebukuro, you can see beautiful flowers depending on the season.
3-1.Cherry Blossoms（Sakura）in,near Ikebukuro(the end of Mrach – the beginning of April)
4.Ramen shops in Ikebukuro
There are many ramen restaurants in Ikebukuro.
I have classified them by category.
4-1.Ikebukuro Chicken（Chicken based soup）Raman
4-2.Ikebukuro Gyokai (seafood) soup Raman
4-3.Ikebukuro Miso Raman
4-4.Shio (Salt) Ramen in Ikebukuro
4-6.Ikebukuro Spicy Raman
4-8.Ikebukuro Tonkotu Ramen
4-10.Ikebukuro Ramen Others
▼Ikebukuro Ramen Map
5.Food in Ikebukuro
There are many delicious foods in Ikebukuro.