Katsurahama Beach（桂浜） is a scenic spot in Kochi known for its bow-shaped beach (can't swim) and the large statue of Ryoma Sakamoto (a leading figure for modernization in Japan).
- 1.There are two types of buses from Kochi Station to Katsurahama Beach! No train
- 2.There are two bus stops 「Ryoma Memorial Hall」「Katsurahama」 in the Katsurahama beach area
- 3.Speaking of Katsurahama, a huge statue of Ryoma Sakamoto! First greeting
- 4. Walk around Katsura beach at dusk
- 6.Visit at Watatumi Shrine（海津見神社）and Hayataka Shrine（早高神社） at Cape Ryuo
- 7.To the bus stop Ryoma Memorial Hall via the small path
- 8.Including Katsura Beach! Kochi Travel Map
1.There are two types of buses from Kochi Station to Katsurahama Beach! No train
If you don't care about the details, you can get on from the departure bus stop and get off at the end.
1-1.[Recommended] Access to Katsurahama Beach from Kochi Station by My Yu Bus（MY遊バス）
MY Yu Bus is a round-trip bus that starts from JR Kochi Station and goes around tourist spots in Kochi, such as Harimaya Bridge, Makino Botanical Garden, and Katsurahama Beach.
※You can't search this bus by Google ,maybe...
※Pickup location is “Kochi Tabihiroba Parking” on the south side of Kochi Station. It is different from the bus terminal on the north side where airport lines etc. stop.
My Yu bus operates
- From Kochi Station to Katsurahama, 9:00 (Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays are 8:00) -15: 40
- From Katsurahama to Kochi Station, 10:30 (9:30 on weekends and holidays)-17:00
1-day ticket 1,000 yen, 2-day ticket 2,000 yen
- Unlimited rides between Kochi Station and Katsurahama Beach
- Free tram (within 200 yen)
- Admission discount for tourist facilities
Therefore, if you visit Katsurahama Beach during the time when the MY Yu-bus is operating, I recommend that you use the MY Yu-bus.
▼Offcial Site(Japanese language only)
1-2.Access to Katsurahama Beach from Kochi Station by local bus
There is about 1 bus per hour from bus terminal No. 5 on the north side of Kochi Station.
- From Kochi Station to Katsurahama Beach: 6: 40-20: 00 (Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays 6: 40-19: 00)
- From Katsurahama Beach to Kochi Station: 6: 45-21: 00 (Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays 7: 14-20: 30)
This one-way fare costs 700 yen(￣ー￣)ｏ゛
I went to Katsurahama Beach by route bus from 16:00 Kochi Station due to the arrival time of the plane.
Local buses also stop at Harima and Bridges.
When you search on Google, it will appear on the map.
2.There are two bus stops 「Ryoma Memorial Hall」「Katsurahama」 in the Katsurahama beach area
If you are going to visit the Ryoma Memorial Hall, get off one stop before the end point "Katsurahama"
The two bus stops take less than 10 minutes on foot.
If you are troublesome, go to the end point "Katsurahama".
3.Speaking of Katsurahama, a huge statue of Ryoma Sakamoto! First greeting
First of all, a greeting to Ryoma Sakamoto.
Can you see the silhouette of tourists in the lower right?
The statue of Ryoma Sakamoto is really big.
Speaking of Katsurahama Beach, it is also a famous spot of the moon.
Taken with two popular shots of Katsurahama Beach: Ryoma Sakamoto and the moon.
There is a commemorative photo spot.
A sign called Katsurahama (which may be dark and invisible, you may not be able to read kanji（桂浜)), Tosa Bay and Cape Ryuo are all in one photo.
There is a small shrine, Katsurahama Inari Shrine (commonly known as Ryoma Inari Shrine), so let's visit.
4. Walk around Katsura beach at dusk
Walk around the sandy beach of Katsura beach.
Katsura beach is prohibited from swimming due to high currents.
The paved boardwalk is easy to walk.
6.Visit at Watatumi Shrine（海津見神社）and Hayataka Shrine（早高神社） at Cape Ryuo
Cross a small bridge to Cape Ryuo.
Overlooking the famous moon of Katsurahama over torii.
Visit the main shrine and head to the Cape Ryuo Observatory, where Hayataka Shrine is located.
Is this shrine the Hayataka Shrine?
Once again, go back to the sandy beach, take a picture of Ryuo Cape and the moon, and go to the bus stop Ryoma Memorial Hall.
7.To the bus stop Ryoma Memorial Hall via the small path
Although there is an electric light, it is dark.
I walked while shining under my feet with my smartphone light.
Still, the sunset at Katsurahama Beach is beautiful.
took a photo near bus stop Ryoma Memorial Hall
Take on bus departure Katsurahama 17:30, and arrive at Minami Harimayabashi bus stop at 17:59.
And went to Kochi Castle