After the comfortable Obi, I came to the “Udo Jingu Shrine” by bus.
In addition to the main shrine, I took a walk in the precincts.
So I will share almost all Udo Jingu Shrine.
- 1. The main approach are two! You can climb from Hacho-saka approaching path…
- 2. If you like red torii, Visit to Udo Inari shrine
- 3. Trekking the mountain path to the “Namikiri Shrine” ♪
- 4. Finally visit the main shrine of Udo Shrine
- 5. Throw your lucky balls and wish(There is a charge)!
- 6. “Ochichi-ame” is recommended for souvenirs
- 7. Access to Udo Jingu Shrine
- 8. 【Map】 Miyazaki Prefecture! Nichinan journey
1. The main approach are two! You can climb from Hacho-saka approaching path…
Arriving at Udo Shrine by bus, it is this approaching path that first appears when walking along the guide.
It is the oldest stone steps approach.
However, on rainy days, you may slip.
If it is a fine weather day, it may be good to visit from here.
I proceeded to “new approach” through the tunnel.
Hey Hey, the mountain gate (Shin-mon) has come into view.
If you go straight on the mountain gate (Shin-mon) you can go to “main hall”, but I decided to drop in because I care about the building on the left side of the approach.
2. If you like red torii, Visit to Udo Inari shrine
Although it does not say “thousand Torii”, there are “a dozen torii”.
Let’s visit Inari shrine the most familiar God.
I peered into the sea from Udo Inari shrine
If the sea and the sky were light blue, it would have been more beautiful to paint vermilion.
3. Trekking the mountain path to the “Namikiri Shrine” ♪
By the Inari shrine, I found a wooden torii.
According to the signboard on the right it is said that I can go to “Namikiri-Shrine” and another place.
Trekking the mountain path, I have decided to visit “Namikiri Shrine”.
I passed the way I could not walk with my umbrella and came to “Namikiri Shrine”.
I came down the stairs that looks to the right.
There is a shrine in the cave near the sea.
There are many people who visit only the main shrine and go home.
However, by extending the legs a bit, You can meet such a superb view.
4. Finally visit the main shrine of Udo Shrine
I return to the approaching path and head for the main shrine of Udo Shrine.
In the rock (cave) is the main shrine.
There is “Ochichi-iwa(Rock)” which formed the shape of a woman’s breast.
I can not recognize them…
Looking out from the main shrine is like this.
5. Throw your lucky balls and wish(There is a charge)!
6. “Ochichi-ame” is recommended for souvenirs
There seems to be two kinds “Ochichi-ame”.
One is a shrine specialized, finished with water falling from the “Ochichi-iwa(Rock)”.
The other is a candy made with legendary hints that “breast milk is good”.
It is the latter that I bought.
7. Access to Udo Jingu Shrine
If you are visiting by public transport, you will be using a bus.
It is a bus that goes through major tourist destinations such as Obi and Aburatu, JR Miyazaki Station, Miyazaki Airport.
The bus is about one in one hour in the daytime
I recommend that you schedule ahead in advance.
▼ Bus timetable