Yoron Island is a subtropical island encircled by coral reefs.
Because the Amami Islands do not correspond to English much, You need ingenuity in communication.
- 1. How to get to Yoron Island(access)
- 2. What is the traffic in Yoron Island?
- 3. Recommended for Yoron Island! Attractions 【Day 1】
- 3-1.Sea turtle welcomed you at Yoron Port
- 3-2.White road (Coral road)
- 3-3.Terasaki Coast
- 3-4.Funakura Coast
- 3-5.I ate “boiled rice in cold soup with Mozuku(seaweed)” at Misaki near Akazaki Coast
- 3-6.Akazaki Coast
- 3-7.[Best Recommendations] Yurigahama
- 3-8.Must-see Strange rock favorite! Beach ring
- 3-9.Shaved ice! Again to Misaki
- 3-10.Tokonushi Shrine
- 3-11.Hanibu Coast（兼母海岸） sunset
- 3-12.Blink signal
- 4. Recommended for Yoron Island! Attractions 【Day 2】
- 5. Yoron Island included! Amami Islands Travel Map
1. How to get to Yoron Island(access)
1-1.Airplane to Yoron Island
- 【Naha Airport – Yoron Airport】 40 minutes
- 【Kagoshima Airport – Yoron Airport】 1 hour 15 minutes
- 【Amami Airport – Yoron Airport】 45 minutes
- 【Amami Airport – Okinoerabu Airport】 40 minutes
- 【Okinoerabu Airport – Yoron Airport】 Approximately 25 minutes
※There are no direct flights from Tokyo (Narita, Haneda)
1-2.Ferry to Yoron Island
- 【Kagoshima New Port – Yoron Port】 20 hours
- Kagoshima route
【Naha Port – Yoron Port】4 hours 50 minutes
【Headquarters Port – Yoron Port】 2 hours 30 minutes
- Hanshin route
【Naha Port – Yoron Port】 About 4 hours
1-3.I went to Yoron Island like this↓
I came to Naha (Okinawa) on LCC Vanilla(Peach Aviation,from 2019) Air on the previous day.
And the next morning, I came to Yoron Island while enjoying a boat trip with ferry Departure 7:00 AM Naha Port / 11: 50 AM Arrival Port.
▼Access to Yoron Island
2. What is the traffic in Yoron Island?
Yoron Island is about 24 KM coastline.
You can go round around for about 40 minutes by car.
Since there are not many public transportation facilities, car rental and rental bikes are recommended.
▼島内の交通・移動｜ヨロン観光ガイド（Only in Japanese）
3. Recommended for Yoron Island! Attractions 【Day 1】
I will introduce the recommended spots in the order I went.
3-1.Sea turtle welcomed you at Yoron Port
If you are lucky, the sea turtle will welcome you
3-2.White road (Coral road)
The road on the sea side of the Yoron airport (There is an entrance to Hanibu Coast/兼母海岸).
The airplane passed in front of me.
It is a shooting place of the movie “glasses（めがね）”.
The sea and sky through the rock is lovely(*￣ー￣*)
It is a beach with few people
3-5.I ate “boiled rice in cold soup with Mozuku(seaweed)” at Misaki near Akazaki Coast
At “Misaki” at the entrance of the Akasaki coast, I had lunch.
I ate “boiled rice in cold soup with Mozuku(seaweed)”
“Mozuku(seaweed)” is a specialty of Yoron Island.
I served rice and topped with ingredients for myself.
On Yoron Island, beautiful beaches are spread no matter where you go.
3-7.[Best Recommendations] Yurigahama
Yurigahama floats in about 1.5 km off the coast of Ubuganiku coast（大金久海岸）.
It is a pure white sandy beach that reveals itself only during low tide at high-middle tides from spring till summer.
At Yurihama Beach, there is a legend that “if you pick up the star sand as many age as, you can be happy.”
I wanted to see “Yuri beach”, I went on a trip to the Amami Islands.
▼百合が浜｜ヨロン観光ガイド（Only in Japanese）
3-8.Must-see Strange rock favorite! Beach ring
Scenery on the way to Akazaki Coast to eat shaved ice from the Ubuganiku coast（大金久海岸）.
3-9.Shaved ice! Again to Misaki
When I ate lunch, the shaved ice that the couple sitting next to was eating, looks very tasty.
I came back and got a shaved ice named “kaji”.
There are lots of shaved ice with unique names in this shop.
The intention I came to “Yoron Castle ruins” reached the “Tokonushi Shrine”.
“Southern cross center” appears in the back right.
There was a white torii.
I visited “Tokonushi shrine” and enjoyed the scenery.
3-11.Hanibu Coast（兼母海岸） sunset
I enjoyed Magic Hour on “Hanibu Coast”.
I found a footprint of the sea turtle.
If you are lucky, you can meet a sea turtle.
4. Recommended for Yoron Island! Attractions 【Day 2】
4-1.I explored Akazaki Cave
Yoron Island is an island created by uplift of coral reefs.
The earth was eroded by the groundwater, and Akazaki cave was made.
It looks like “Rice terrace”.
“Sword” seemed to fall from above.
4-2.In Yoron folk village, touching Yoron Island’s life, history
The staff explained the old-fashioned life,history of the Yoron.
Let’s think about the history of Yoron Island located south of the Amami Islands, located between Okinawa (Ryukyusu) and the inner area.
Now, I will go by ferry to Okinoerabu-jima.
5. Yoron Island included! Amami Islands Travel Map
I introduce the place I visited with pictures.
Yoron Island is the lowest island
▼Travel by ferry on the Amami Islands【7 nights 8 days】 model course(Kagoshima)