There are “Fuji-duka” around here in Tokyo.
“Fuji-duka” is a miniature Mt. Fuji, are made by the people who believe in Mt. Fuji, mainly in the Edo period.
It is said that when you climb to “Fuji-duka”, you can receive the same benefit as climbing Mt. Fuji.
1. The entrance to the climbing road of “Meguro Fuji” is next to the police box!
From the north exit of Tokyu Denentoshi Line “Ikejiri Ohashi Bridge station”, when you walk for about 5 minutes looking up the expressway, you will reach the entrance to the climbing road of “Meguro Fuji”.
Pass the back of the police officer’s bicycle and start climbing!
The climbing path itself was built in about 1975, consulting mainly with the Parishioner representative at the time.
When visiting Sengen Shrine in the precincts of Kami-Meguro Hikawa Shrine, it was created so that you can feel the sense of climbing Mt. Fuji.
It is a silence that I can not imagine a place that is less than 20 minutes on foot from Shibuya.
When turning around, you can see the Ohashi Junction between the Capital High Line 3 (Shibuya Line) and the Central Ring Line (C2).
I came to the top of “Meguro Fuji”, soon.
2. Visit to Kami-Meguro Hikawa Shrine
First of all, let’s visit Kami-meguro Hikawa Shrine.
3. Let’s also visit Meguro Fuji Sengen Shrine
There is “Meguro Fuji Sengen Shrine” on the right side looking at the main hall from the approach of Kami-Meguro Hikawa Shrine.
This Sengen Shrine seems to have been transferred to “Hikawa Shrine” in 1878, which was on the Mekiri slope（目切坂） of Kamimegu 1-chome.
“Former Fuji” was demolished in 1878, but the stone monument remained at that time, it was transferred to here and is still present.
4. Full of the flags! Hikawa Inari Shrine
Is “Hikawa Inari shrine” the main shrine? As much as I thought, the flag of “Hikawa Inari shrine” is full.
5. Access to Kami-meguro Hikawa Shrine
Because it is close to Meguro River, it is recommended to visit cherry blossom season.
- Tokyu Denentoshi Line “Ikejiri Ohashi Bridge Station” 5 minutes on foot from North Exit
- About 15 minutes on foot from Nakameguro Station on Tokyu Toyoko Line
- About 15 minutes on foot from the Keio Inokashira line “Komaba Todai mae station”
- About 18 minutes on foot from “Shibuya station” Yamanote line
- 1 minute walk from Tokyu Bus stop “Ohashi”
▼【Offcial】Kami-meguro Hikawa Shrine
▼Mr. Fuji in (not from) Tokyo,You can climb Miniature Fuji(fuji-duka)
[…] Meguro Fuji, Mt Fuji You can climb in 20 minutes from Shibuya(Meguro-ku,Tokyo) […]